It seems that almost every leader has their list of what they think are the important – or essential – qualities of an effective leader. I guess I’m no different. But this list doesn’t come from me.
This weekend I was reading an article by Robert Clinton entitled, “Boundary Processing.” In it, he mentioned these 7 qualities of effective leaders. Here is his list:
- Effective leaders maintain a learning posture throughout life.
- Effective leaders value spiritual authority as a primary power base.
- Effective leaders recognize leadership selection and development as a priority function.
- Effective leaders who are productive over a lifetime have a dynamic ministry philosophy.
- Effective leaders evince a growing awareness of their sense of destiny.
- Effective leaders increasingly perceive present ministry in terms of a lifetime perspective.
- Effective leaders perceive relational empowerment as important in their own and their followers lives.