Every other week I want to post random things or people that I have recently discovered. I trust that as I do, I will be introduced to new finds from other people as well. Here’s the quick list of my recent finds:
1) Prezi. This is a presentation software my assistant found recently. I love this. I used it in a few different presentations I have taught over the past couple of months. If you do presentations, I’d encourage you to give this one a look.
2) My wife showed me this video on my ipad the other day. It is a song by JJ Heller entitled, “What Love Really Means.” Listening as a husband, dad, foster parent, or many other roles I play, it is a great song that makes me think. I looked up from watching the video to see my wife crying. It’s really powerful.
3) I tweeted about this video the other day. “Engage Atlanta” is doing some great ministry uniting churches to serve people in the Atlanta area. I am involved with a similar organization, Mission Tyler here in Tyler, TX. I love how ministries are raising up to be a “city on a hill” right in their own backyards.
4) My favorite blog right now is probably Big is the New Small. This might change weekly, but you ought to check it out. It’s a good resource.
5) On a whim this past week, I bought this lantern. Just like you would picture at camp, now at night we read the bible with this lantern in the middle of my boys’ room. For my 5 and 4 year olds, it has brought that time to a whole new level. Just a thought for you….
What do you have? Any new finds you can throw my way?