There is a dizzying amount of information out there on leading. This blog is not intended to be just another voice in the crowd. Instead, I want to share the wisdom that overflows from following Christ, and how that impacts all areas of life.
My blog is targeted towards young leaders and young families. I hope to provide intensely practical biblical instruction on each of the following topics:
- Following: If you want to be a great leader, it starts with how well you follow. In this category, discuss anything from following Jesus to submitting to leadership.
- Leading: Learning to be a more effective leader is a process that never ends. In this category, help people become better leaders by giving them solid wisdom about leadership.
- Family: In our culture, families are in distress. In this category, discuss marriage, parenting, or anything else that supports the family as God intended.
- Fostering: Becoming a foster parent isn’t just good for a child. It can be great for families as well. In this category, discuss fostering from an experiential standpoint.
Posts should be on something relevant to the topics listed above and conform to the following points and guidelines:
- Be short. Posts should be between 500-750 words.
- Be original. It should not be something published somewhere else, including your own blog or website. If you are an author, the post could be based on an excerpt from your book.
- Be aware. Blog readers are skim readers. Because of this, have the content broken down into subheadings so readers can skim through it quickly. You can get a feel for how I’ve done this by reading a few posts on my blog.
- Be ready. All links should be either written in the post itself, or the link text is underlined in the post and the links copied in order at the bottom of the submission. Please do not use affiliate links.
- Be advised. I may make minor edits of spelling, grammar, or bring clarity. If I want to make substantive changes I will check with you first.
OTHER ITEMS TO INCLUDE
In addition to the article itself, please provide the following things:
- Include one photo to go into the post that has no copyright restrictions or is given appropriate attribution according to the attribution license.
- Please make sure the photo is a minimum of 640 by 480 pixels.
- A headshot to include with your short bio text.
- A short bio of no more than 50 words. Ideally this includes:
- Your job title.
- Links to your social networking handles such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and/or your blog. Please limit your links to four.
- Another interesting fact.
- Here’s an example: Kevin East is the Executive Director of Ministries at Pine Cove in Tyler, TX. He is a proud husband, father of an ever-changing number of kids, and drinks more Big Red than he would care to admit. You can connect with him on Facebook, Twitter, or read his blog, Following To Lead.