Having been out of town for a few weeks, I’ve dropped off a little on the Friday finds. This past week, though, there are a few things I’ve come across that I think are worthy to pass on.
Now let me challenge you. Don’t be just a taker here. If you have anything good you’ve recently discovered, let me know. Here are mine:
1) The new album, “God of Victory,” released by the Village Church in Dallas, is exceptional. The tunes are catchy, the words are spot on. Bottom line: A really good CD that honors God through worship. I don’t remember where, but I read a blog this past week that mentioned this album. I’m not big into music. I rarely listen to it, unless there is a purpose to it. This guy ranted and raved how good this CD is, so I got it. So far so good.
2) If you are in some sort of college or youth ministry, looking for a speaker for the women, I’ve got just the person. I didn’t realize until the past few days, but Ginger Ciminello has begun a new ministry, writing and speaking.
I have worked with thousands of young women over the past 20 years. She is easily in the top 10 of all of them. She loves Jesus, is well spoken, and can immediately relate to a room full of young women. If you haven’t already, connect with her.
These next few I already tweeted about at some point recently, but are worth pointing out again.
3) What is the Bible basically about? I think this short video does a great job explaining the Bible. Check it out.
4) I know I have mentioned him already a few times on my website, but it seems every time a see an interview of George W. Bush, my respect for this man only goes up. Again, not even on political terms, but just how he handles himself. This interview he did with Oprah this past fall was quite impressive. A good friend just shared with me tonight how much he learned by watching this interview. It is worth 45 minutes to sit and watch.
5) Imagine what wisdom you would pass to your kids on the eve of their marriage. This letter from a father to a son as he got married has bounced around quite a bit within my connections on Twitter and Facebook. If you haven’t read it yet, take a look.
6) This last one just totally got me jazzed a week ago. It is a video a church made about their new vision to reach out into their community. Love this. Imagine if all of us in our churches saw the need to meet, love and serve the people in our communities. So good.
That’s it. Is there anything you would like to throw out?